Thursday, April 29, 2010

New News


I will have some of my older carnival themed works in a show at the Stevens Square Center for the Arts here in Minneapolis (1905 3rd Ave. S) called, Escape from Coney Island. The opening reception is Saturday, May 15th from 7-10:30pm.

And more good news! I was awarded one of three Graduate Research Partnership Proposal Grants from the College of Liberal Arts here at the University of Minnesota. This research fellowship will allow me to travel to British Columbia this summer for a three-day intensive workshop at Dan Sawatzky's Imagination Corporation, where I will learn how to use the CNC router and finishing techniques to construct amusement park quality sculptures. I am super excited to learn these new processes. When I get back to Minneapolis, I will be working with professor Ali Momeni to design my sculptures in CAD programs like Rhino and Modo and use the university's router to cut them. I will use this process to make at least one sculpture in my thesis exhibition next spring.

Lastly, I will be teaching a session on Intro to Caricature Saturday, June 19th, at the Loft Literary Center's Festival of Graphic Novel and Comic Book Writing & Illustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment